On this page you can find information about
The Primary Care Integration Programme was established by all 20 District Health Boards (DHBs) to help them harness the knowledge and expertise existing within DHBs and use it to enhance integration across the sector.
The Programme is largely focused on supporting DHBs by:
- providing support, advice and analysis to help DHBs understand and make informed collective decisions on issues presented at PSAAP as part of the PHO Service Agreement process.
- supporting engagement and collaboration on emerging primary care strategic issues.
- optimising opportunities for DHBs that enable integration between providers, community pharmacy and aged care.
- fostering relationships and information sharing between DHBs to maximise the benefits associated with collective engagement and build capacity and capability where possible.
Programme Steering Group
The Primary Care Integration Steering Group provides strategic direction and guidance to the Programme and is chaired by Dr. Nick Chamberlain (Chief Executive Northland DHB).
Other Steering Group members include Dr. Ashley Bloomfield (Chief Executive Hutt Valley DHB), Carolyn Gullery (General Manager Planning & Funding Canterbury DHB), and Cathy O’Malley (General Manager Planning & Funding Nelson Marlborough DHB) and are supported by the Programme Team.
PSAAP involves District Health Boards, Primary Health Organisations, Contracted Providers and Ministry of Health working collaboratively to ensure that primary health care services are provided on a best for patient and best for system basis.
Presentations from the 20 DHBs’ Primary Care Leaders’ Forum on Urgent Care: Providing Services and Managing Demand held on 23 August 2017 are attached below:
- Dr Nick Chamberlain - Welcome
- Dr David Gollogly - RNZCUC
- Chiquita Hansen - Role of PHOs
- Carol Limber - MoH Acute Demand Programme
- Martin Hefford - Why Primary Care Patients Attend ED
- Dr Damian Tomic - SmartHealth
- Andy Inder - National Telehealth Handout
- Dr Alistair Sullivan - Urgent Care
- Assoc Prof Peter Jones - Acute Care Data Vacuum
- Assoc Prof Peter Jones - System Modelling Memo
- Assoc Prof Peter Jones - Core Map Pathways Handout
- Prof Tony Dowell - Primary Care Leaders Forum
The Community Pharmacy and the Health of Older People programmes are also being implemented by TAS on behalf of all 20 DHBs. This provides an opportunity for synergies and improved integration between a range of primary care providers.
Learn more about: