Health of Older People Network Central Region
Our goal is to ensure there is a coordinated system of health service planning and delivery that will lead to ongoing improvements in the sustainability, quality and accessibility of health services for older people in New Zealand.
- putting in place the right tools, processes, and education.
- bringing people and organisations within the health system together, in order to place patients at the centre of the system and improve their health and wellbeing.
Our current focus is on projects in the following areas:
- Advanced Care Planning which fosters the sharing of ideas and innovations and the dissemination of policies, guidelines, clinical pathways and resources to facilitate the growth of Advanced Care Planning across the region in a coordinated way.
- Dementia Pathways which is delivered by the Regional Dementia Pathways Reference Group. Its members bring a wealth of expertise to an inclusive forum, where strategic and operational issues associated with dementia pathways are discussed. It also provides an opportunity to identify areas for improvement, with the aim of supporting the Central Region’s response to the New Zealand Framework for Dementia Care 2013.
- Development of a regional Health of Older People dashboard to graphically present key metrics, which will enable clinicians, managers and the wider community to increase their knowledge and understanding of the characteristics of older people in the Central Region.
For more information, please contact:
Manager, Planning and Improvement
Mobile: 027 480 7928