About the Health of Older People Programme
The Health of Older People (HoP) Programme focuses on improving the delivery of health and disability services for older New Zealanders. The Programme provides a range of tools and guidance to help:
- Aged Residential Care (ARC)
- home and support service providers.
The Programme aligns with the Healthy Ageing Strategy and the service objectives of the New Zealand Health Strategy.
In New Zealand, ARC services are underpinned by two key national agreements – the Age-Related Residential Care Agreement (ARRC) and the Aged Residential Hospital Services (ARHSS) Agreement.
The Programme provides effective governance to support DHBs to deliver services under these agreements.
The role of TAS is to:
- provide programme management
- manage the annual Funding Model Review for ARC
- facilitate the inclusion of pay equity funding in pricing in ARC contracts
- support guaranteed hours for the Home and Community Support Services (HCSS) workforce.