About the Regional Digital Health Service (RDHS)
TAS operates the Regional Digital Health Services on behalf of the six District Health Boards in the Central Region.
Three District Health Boards ‒ Whanganui, Wairarapa and MidCentral DHBs ‒ are currently using the regional digital health services, with plans for other DHBs to onboard soon.
Applications on the platform include:
- The ‘core’ (single instance) applications:
- Clinical Portal (CP)
- Regional Picture Archiving and Communication Archive (PACs)
- Radiology Information System (RIS)
- Regional Application Data Access (RADA)
- Heath Care Practitioner Database (HCP).
- The ‘common’ (multiple instances across the Region) application is:
- Patient Administration System (PAS).
RDHS is the successor to the Regional Health informatics programme (RHIP), which operated between 2011 and 2017.