interRAI stands for 'international Resident Assessment Instrument'. It refers to the international organisation developing comprehensive clinical assessment systems. New Zealand was the first country in the world where interRAI assessments were used nationwide to improve the health outcomes for older people both living in the community as well as in aged residential care.
The Ministry of Health funds TAS to provide:
- training to nurses and other health professionals so they can complete a comprehensive clinical assessment
- education for users of the interRAI software
- data analysis and reporting
- secretariat support to the interRAI New Zealand Governance Board
- software-related services.